Restore your computer to peak performance in minutes!
You may receive an error stating that you are reinstalling Lion remotely. There are several ways to fix this problem, so we will do it shortly.
Install Mac OS X remotely on a remote computer whose optical CD drive you want to share because you want to do next on this MacBook Air:
- Reinstall Mac OS X and various software that came with your MacBook Air.
- Reset password
- Use Disk Utility – recover your failed MacBook Air disk.
Note. You can also perform these tasks from your MacBook Air SuperDrive. To refer to the next section. To work remotely from Mac OS X:
- Insert this Mac OS X 7 installation disc into the optical drive of the computer you are using that supports the Remote Disc function.
- If the other computer is a Mac, choose Applications> Utilities> Remote Mac Hosted in OS X. On Windows, request “Remote Install Mac OS X” in this setup wizard.
- Read the introduction and just click Next.
- Select the installation CD you want to use, click and then “Next”.
- Select a specific network connection: AirPort if you intend to use AirPort or network, Ethernet, if the other computer is connected to Ethernet, and you have an optional Apple USB Ethernet adapter that supports MacBook Air connectivity. to the same network. Click Next.
- Restart your MacBook Air and hold down the Option key during startup until you see a list of existing hard drives on startup.
- Click Next when installing OS Mac X remotely.
- If you selected AirPort as the network in step 5, on your MacBook AirPort, select AirPort as the network from the pop-up number. If the network is secure, you will be prompted for a password. You can enter an appointment on a private network by selecting the ellipsis (…) and also entering a name.
- If you selected AirPort as your network in step 8, whenOnce you see an AirPort icon showing signal strength, click Continue Mac OS X Remote Install.
- You can now reinstall the software, reset your password, or run Disk Utility.
Next: How to install Mac OS X and applications that come with a specific Book Mac Air with Book Mac Air Super Drive